Monday, December 5, 2011

No More Thousand Butterflies...


It was only a couple of months ago that I saw this beautiful spectacle. Something that so moved me that I did not even reach for my camera. There are few such moments when you know that it cannot be captured by a camera but only experienced.

This happened one evening when I was sitting in my spacebox and gazing out through my window. The gleaming golden light of the setting October sun fell beautifully on to the tree tops. The ever speedy Dutch winds were busy rustling the leaves. And for that moment, it felt like I had seen the true beauty of God’s creation as he always intended us to. The best metaphor that I can come up with which will do justice to my sight is a thousand butterflies shimmering, rustling and swaying .. I only wish I had the right words to describe them. But I guess there are no words to describe such sights. Just a silent appreciation from one’s heart for this experience of true peace and oneness with the creator. After that, I made a point to witness this sight almost every day.

But alas, as they say, all good things must come to an end. And so it did. Autumn came and slowly the butterflies flew away. And now as the December sun shines on those trees, only the barren twigs welcome them. Swaying slowly in this cold December wind.

And so I shall wait, for the time, when once again, a thousand butterflies shall greet my sight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment